Why Omnichannel Marketing is Crucial for Business Success in 2021 & Beyond
Do you feel like you’ve got whiplash?
You’re not alone.
In 2020, due to the pandemic, digital adoption has accelerated.
“We’ve seen two years’ worth of digital transformation in two months,” said Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.
In fact, in terms of US eCommerce penetration, we’ve seen 10 years of growth in just three months.
In November 2019, for the first time in history, US mobile traffic surpassed desktop traffic.
In 10 years, mobile has gone from 2% of web page traffic to 52% of web page traffic. In fact, 64% of eCommerce sales worldwide happen on mobile. But in the Asia-Pacific, this is a whopping 76.9%.
In 2019, 45% of eCommerce sales in the US occurred on mobile devices.
In 2020, this increased to 49.2% and, in 2021, we surpass 50% at 53.7%.
Next year (2021) is going to be the first year in history that mobile commerce overtakes desktop commerce in the US. 😲
By 2023, mobile commerce is going to account for over 60% of retail ecommerce in the US.
We no longer need to optimise for mobile. We need to design for mobile first. 📱
So, all these fancy stats sound good, but what does this mean for businesses?
1. You need to start with mobile
Mobile remains the most popular reading environment with 42% of emails being opened on mobile devices.
Are you sending emails right now?
But in the mobile world, email alone is not enough.
You have to think SMS, messaging apps, as well as email…
2. You need to go omnichannel
To succeed on mobile, you have to go omnichannel.
The way people connect with businesses always mirrors the way people connect with each other.
- There are 5 billion SMS enabled devices in the world
- Over 2.5 billion are using messaging apps
- By 2022, we are going to have 3 billion people using messaging apps
- In 2020, mobile messaging app users have surpassed social network users. 😮
3. If your business is not on any of these channels, you are missing out
Chat marketing is still in its infancy.
But to get ahead of your competition, you need to embrace messaging: Messenger, email, SMS, Instagram or WhatsApp.
WhatsApp, Messenger, and Instagram are going to be interoperable (that means they are going to be able to communicate seamlessly).
It is already happening, with WhatsApp and Instagram chatbots in beta stages.
So if you wait, your competitors are going to be on there first — and these are channels your customers are using to communicate with businesses.
Not sure where to start? 🤔
I have a 100% free guide on:
- Why businesses need to stop thinking prospects are ready to buy and do this ONE thing instead… (Hint: it’s not what you think!)
- Why Facebook Messenger is the #1 platform you need to pay attention to now
- The tools you can access right now that will attract more clients on autopilot… Some of them are SO easy, you can implement them in as little as 7 days.
- How to crack the LinkedIn messaging code so you are NEVER selling anything!
👉 You can grab your copy of my free guide, “Marketing Master Plan: 5 Simple Ways to Attract A-Grade Leads & Boost Client Retention Rates” here.
Stats source: The Quickening: McKinsey